Rev. Sutherland-Graeme's replacement was Rev. Humphrey Churchill Money, a New Zealander who had served as a chaplain with the New Zealand Expeditionary Force in 1917-1919. From 1928, he had been curate to Philip ‘Tubby' Clayton, Vicar at All-Hallows-by-the-Tower in Barking, London. Clayton, an Australian, had founded the Christian men's organisation Toc H while serving as a military chaplain in Flanders during World War I. Rev. Money was also chaplain to Toc H's League of Women Helpers.
At the time of Rev. Money's appointment, a main concern of the church was how, while holding to essential faith and practice, to adapt to the social and economic change throughout the country brought about by World War I and, locally, to particular changes in Stirling. The OldTown, with its decaying tenements, had had to be tackled at last by the Burgh Council, but before anything structural could be done, new housing estates had to be provided, the first of these being the Raploch estate. Rev. Money quickly grasped some of these problems when he decided to institute a Sung Eucharist at “In a district such as ours, where only one of our churches is within reach, it is right that so far as possible the varieties of churchmanship among us should all find their accustomed helps”. On this basis he planned his pattern of services. He soon became aware of the needs of Raploch, “whither so many of our folk have emigrated”. An attempt was begun to hold a Sunday school in a private house, but this soon proved inadequate. A proper building would be required. Mr Couper of Craigforth gave a site and, by May 1943, a hut was being erected. Progress was swift and there was an official opening by Miss Dundas in September, all the final clearing up having been done by Toc H, the organisation with which Rev. Money was so intimately connected. Provision was made for about one hundred Sunday scholars; in November a Men's Fellowship was formed and later a branch of the Mother's Union. Thenceforward regular services were held there and, within the community, echoes remain of the societies, the happy social gatherings and the spirit of fellowship that prevailed. In 1939, the lease ran out, but war gave it a reprieve and it remained in the possession of the church until the mid-1960s, though latterly used chiefly for letting to other bodies.
In 1935 it was decided between the Rector and the Director of Education that the Advanced Division of the Day School should be transferred to Riverside where better facilities would be available. The church, however, retained its right to give its own religious instruction there once a week. The Education Authority was to enlarge and modernise the existing building, but the plan was postponed by the onset of World War II.
The 1930s were not prosperous times. Rev. Money disliked pew rents, but could not do without them. He wondered if holders would voluntarily remove their name cards while still subscribing, but nothing came of this. He could not do all the visiting he would have wished. Sunday school continued at Cambusbarron and Bannockburn and it seemed probable that Throsk would soon be added to the charge.
Falling attendances were also of concern and the congregation agonised over whether it was right for the chuch to advertise in the press. Rev. Money wrote in the church magazine for March 1932:
"There is to be a discussion on ‘Should the Church advertise?' In a time when the newspapers are always shouting about the decline in Church attendance, it should be interesting to hear the pros and cons of attracting people to church. Some think advertising cheapens the Church's work – which is salvation. Others maintain that its message must be made known just as any other message is communicated to our present age – by calling people's attention to it – by advertising.”
In 1936, Charles Thomson was elected to the Vestry and, as Secretary to the Finance Committee, he applied himself to the best disposal of already existing income derived from endowments and legacies, holding this office with only one break until his death in 1951. Mrs Thomson placed in the south aisle a memorial window to her parents and sister. This particularly striking and beautiful window, portraying St Bride of the Isles, was designed by a local artist, Miss Isabel Goudie, and produced by Miss Chilton and Miss Kemp who had a studio in Edinburgh. There they were rediscovering the skills of the mediaeval glass painters. Polish craftsmen did some of the firing.